A Heart For You commits to providing only trained and competent caregivers into the home of our elderly clients to assist with companion care. Our qualifications for caregivers assisting our elderly clients with companion care in client’s home consists of:
- Experience working with the elderly
- No criminal history
- Current TB reading
- Negative drug test
- Positive attitude
- Good references from reputable employers
- Good driving record
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to cook and follow client diet
Management verifies that all of the above qualifications have been completed and verified before employment is offered. Companion care services provided are listed below. A Heart For You caregivers follow our safety guidelines as listed under each service category.
- Hair care
- Skin care
A Heart For You caregivers are trained on grooming safety to include:
- Importance of wearing gloves
- Proper shaving techniques with electric razors
- Proper hand washing
- Client’s preference
Meals are prepared based on the client’s nutritional diet and likes. The client is not responsible for feeding our caregivers. During the initial assessment, the registered nurse will outline the client’s diet on the care plan. The client care plan is to be kept in client’s home at all times and made available to those providing care.
Other items may be added to the client care plan at the initial set up for service. Light housekeeping does not include heavy cleaning such as carpet cleaning, windows, waxing floors, etc.
- Tidy bathroom
- Tidy kitchen
- Sweep floor
- Dust furniture
- Change bed linens
- Tidy area used by client
- Other items may be added that are not listed at time initial service is set up
Companion Care / Other
- Errand running
- Mail pickup
- Medication reminders
- Transportation to medical visits, etc.
- Assist client with preparing x-mas card, birthday card, etc.
- Grooming to include paint nails, style hair, etc.
- Sit with client during a hospital stay
- Light Housework
- Other services the client may request that does not include hands-on personal care